27 Nov 2010

Squares so far


As promised here are the squares so far that I have worked on for the quilt along that I am following over on That Girl - That Quilt blog.  I am now stalled on these as I am waiting for an order from the US for the next fabric.  I have tried my hardest to source this here in the UK but I had no luck at all - sorry UK fabric suppliers - and I was not going to compromise my choice for this project as  a) I want it to be as perfect as I can get it and  b) it does cost a little money to complete, and so any compromise would lead to a unhappy Neet at the end of the project.  I made this US shop as my choice to import the fabric from as they seem very popular in the Quilting World - plus they had my preferred colour of fabric.



In the meantime, whilst waiting, I am making a start on this little project.  I am using it to practise my 'skills' for quilting before attempting any big big projects.  I love, love, LOVE! the concentration and the use of brain juice that is needed to do these projects = totally absorbing.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya - I received my cushion the other day - It is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much, and it is so me!!!! I am very ashamed to say I did forget about the swap, but if you can wait until next week, I shall have yours in the post to you - and I shall be blogging some photo's of your lovely gifts as soon as I can.
    Your work is so lovely, The quilts you are working on are so nice!
    Thanks again

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again! I haven't dropped by for quite a while, in fact I missed the fact that you were back!! I have so enjoyed catching up again and love what you have done. The owls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete