6 Jan 2010

Lazy blogger

I have no excuses for my tardiness in producing any blogworthy news apart from the fact that I have felt a little lazy about hitting the Blogger button.  This stems from the last attempt at making a post which seemed to take  f o r e v e r  thanks to the foibles of Blogger and somehow I don't seem to have time in my days to get stuck on the PC tackling this job.  I have been busy during my idle hours (very usually between the hours of 7.00pm and 9pm when the days chores are over and I can switch off from the demands of the home and family.


I sorted out some yarns that were going to sit about not being created into masterpieces anytime soon and rustled up a stash/project bag a la Attic24.






The yarns were purchased when I started crafting once again about a couple of years ago.  They never made the project they were intended for, but now I am really happy with their purpose.  I used some 4ply yarn, doubled, plus a couple of dk colours thrown in and ta dah!

I have been stocking up on my yarn stash (photos to follow soon) prior to beating the minor VAT increase. (Thanks Mr Darling!)





I can't seem to resist a hexagon nowadays and this is going to be an afghan, don't know how big, I will just go with the flow until it feels right.



I really, really REALLY can't decide whether to frog this afghan!!.  This was my project last winter and took weeks to complete.  The yarn is beautiful 100% wool, it weighs a LOT and I still have not finished tying off the ends at the back.  I really can't decide what to do, but I know I am not in love with it for some reason.  I am fancying using the yarn to 'hex' it up with some different colours.

I have got two other aghan WIPs that I keep dipping in and out of, three cushion covers to complete and a hand-sewn English paper-pieced patchwork to tackle, so a busy Spring is ahead just trying to clear out the WIP cupboard.

Now do you understand why I feel 'time-pressured' for blogging?



Just thought I'd mention that we have had a teeny-weeny bit of snow too!

All that leaves me to do on this post is to say Happy New Year to all my readers and visitors and may all your days be filled with hooky, knitty, crafty goodness.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I have just recently found your blog and love your bag akka attic24 and the hexagons are beautiful! But i just loooove your granny blanket! Please finish it or am I too late? Are their more little hexagons around instead? Perhaps a quick post of a couple of sentences and a photo would bring you back. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Just like Alison ... I love your granny! It is gorgeous. If you want to donate it to a happy home - just let me know!
    Isn't it funny how we all seem to visit The Attic!
    Bye for now, but I will look in again,
    Val

    ReplyDelete